GCET 2017 Application Form: Goa CET Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Important Dates, Process to Apply and Counselling Process, etc.
Goa Common Entrance Test is shortly known as GCET 2017. It is a state level entrance exam for getting admission in various professional degree courses in the state of Goa. The GCET is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Goa every year so that candidates can settled career in the Engineer Field.
Students, who manage to pass this exam, get admission in the first year of various courses in the field of Architecture, Dentistry, Engineering, Medicine, etc. in various government and private colleges of Goa state.
Mostly, Application Form for GCET 2017 is released in the month of March every year. This year also, the application form will be made available at the designated centers in Goa state in the month of March 2017.
Candidates can also get the application form for GCET 2017 from the official website of exam conducting authority. Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying.
Here, in this article, we are providing you the detail of GCET 2017 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Counselling Process, etc. Read this article before applying.
GCET 2017 Application Form
Eligibility Criteria for GCET 2017
- Candidates should check before applying that they are eligible for GCET 2017 or not. The detail of eligibility criteria is given below:
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen. He/She must hold domicile of Goa state.
- There is no age limit for Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture courses
- For Medical related courses, there is the minimum age limit of 17 years as on 31 December of the year of admission, and there is no maximum age limit for this course.
- For Engineering Courses: Educational qualification required is the 12th class from recognized board with Physics, Maths, English as compulsory subjects and any one of the optional subjects i.e. Chemistry/ BioTechnology/Biology.
- Candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in these subjects(40% in case of reserved category).
- For Medical Courses: Educational qualification required is the 12th class from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks for general category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates and 45% for PH candidates to apply for GCET 2017.
These are tentative dates:
- Starting date to submit application form – Fourth week of March 2017
- Last date to submit application form – First week of April 2017
- The last date to submit application form (with Rs.1000/- late fee) – Last week of April 2017
- Exam date for GCET 2017 – First week of May 2017
- Result Declaration Date– within two weeks after commencement of exam
- Counselling Process starts– June 2017
Candidates have to pay Rs. 900/- as for application form and Rs. 700/- for examination fee. Candidates can pay the application form in the form of Demand Draft, drawn in the name of Directorate of Technical Education, Panaji.
How to Apply for GCET 2017
Eligible candidates can get the application form from the designated centers of DTE, Goa. Candidates can also download the application form from official website of DTE, Goa i.e. www.dtegoa.gov.in.
Candidates should fill the complete application form as per the instruction is given with the application form in the brochure. You should pay the application fee of Rs. 1500/- in the form of DD for Directorate of Technical Education, Panji.
If candidate fills the form online then they have to click on submit and send the photocopy of application form along with copies of relevant documents and three passport size photographs and other relevant certificates to the address given below:
Directorate of Technical Education,
Bardez, Alto – Porvorim
Goa – 403521.
Candidates, who are eligible for GCET 2017, must have a look at the exam pattern. It will help them in preparing for the exam. The question paper will comprise of objective type multi-choice questions.
Questions will be asked from subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology as per the course applied for. &5 questions will be asked from each section and 2 hours duration will be provided for attempting the exam paper.
One mark will award for the correct answer, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers. Questions will ask of 11th and 12th class level. Candidates have to give their answers on OMR sheets.
After successful commencement of exam, the authority will declare the result and issue a merit list. After that counseling process will start. Candidates, whose name will come under merit list, will be eligible for Counselling.
In counseling, candidates will choose their course and college for which they want to get admission. Document verification will also do in the counseling process. Seats will allot purely on the rank basis. Schedule of counseling will update to you later.
If you need any other information related to GCET 2017, you can write to us in the comment box.
Official Website www.dtegoa.gov.in