COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form: Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Process to Apply, Important Dates, and Counselling Process, etc.
The full form of COMEDK UGET 2017 is Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental of Karnataka Undergraduate Entrance Test 2017. As the name suggests, this is an entrance test for giving admission to various undergraduate courses in the field of medical, dental and engineering in various government and private colleges of Karnataka state.
This exam is conducted every year for giving admission in various colleges. There are near about 14 medical, 23 dental and more than 150 engineering colleges are affiliated to the COMEDK and offers more than 20,000 seats. Candidates have to pass the COMEDK UGET 2017 to get admission in any one of these colleges and also set up future in Engineering.
This test is conducted online, and application form will also be available only through official website of the consortium. The application form will be available in the month of March 2017. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Read this article carefully to get the complete information about COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form, for the academic year 2017-2018.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form
Eligibility Criteria is different for all courses like engineering, medical and dental courses. We are providing you the detail of eligibility criteria for different courses:
For Engineering Courses (B.Tech/B.E.):
- 12th Class pass from recognized board with PCM(Physics, Chemistry, Maths) and English as subjects in 11th and 12th class.
- Minimum Pass Marks in 12th class for general category is 45% in PCM and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka in PCM.
- Physics and Maths are compulsory subjects while candidates can choose from Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form as there is no lateral entry.
For Medical and Dental Courses (MBBS/BDS):
- 12th class pass or PUC or equivalent examination from the recognized state/central board with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English as subjects in both years i.e. 11th and 12th class.
- Minim aggregate marks required in 12th class in PCB is 50% for general category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- Candidates appearing for the 12th class are also eligible for this test.
- Candidates must have crossed the age of 17 years till 31st December 2017.
For Architecture Courses:
- 12th Class pass from recognized Board with Mathematics as subject or Diploma Holder with 50% aggregate marks for general category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC Category.
- There will be no entrance test for Architecture Courses, and Admission will be done by score obtained in NATA.
- At least 80 marks out of 200 marks should be obtained for being eligible to apply for Architecture Courses.
- Aspirants should have passed 12th or its equivalent examination from recognized Board with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates, who want admission in B.Arch have to submit the application form separately.
- Application form will be available online: March 2017
- Closing Date for Application Form: first week of April 2017
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Date: second week of May 2017
- Result Declaration Date: last week of May 2017
- Counselling Starts in June 2017
The Entrance test of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be Objective Type Multi Choice Question Paper. Question Paper will set in only English Language and will be conducted online only. The questions asked will be of 12th class/ 2nd PUC level.
The exam pattern will be different for different courses. One mark will award for each correct answer, and there will no negative marking for wrong answers. Exam pattern for different courses is given below:
- For B.E. Courses:
Total 180 Questions will be asked: 60 questions from each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For MBBS/BDS Courses:
Total 240 Questions will ask 60 questions from each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.It is necessary to pass in English subject in this entrance test, but the marks of English will not consider for ranking purpose.
- For Both the courses i.e. B.E. and MBBS/BDS Courses:
Total 300 questions will ask 60 questions from each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and English.
- Application Fee For Architecture Course: Rs. 1000/-
- Application Fee For Medical or Engineering Course: Rs. 1200/-
- Application Fee For Medical and Engineering Courses: Rs. 1500/-
- The fee can be paid by using net banking/credit card/debit card/demand draft of any nationalized bank.
Process to Apply
The application form will be available online through official website of the Consortium. Candidates must read the information bulletin before filling the COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form, and they must fill the form according to the instructions given in the information bulletin.
Fill all the details like personal detail, guardian detail, application fee detail carefully. Upload the scanned photo, signature, thumb impression, documents, etc. carefully. After filling all the detail, click submit.
The candidates will receive the User Id and password on his/her registered mail id and password after the successful registration. Keep it safe for future reference and take the printout of it for future use.
After conducting the COMEDK UGET 2017, the result will declare within 15 days of exam. Merit list will issue on the official website. After that counseling process will start. Counseling will start by merit list. The schedule for counseling will publish on the official website of the consortium.
If you need any other in any other information, you can write to us in the comment box.